When you think of concrete floors, some of the words that might pop into your head is dark, heavy, stiff and unfinished.
We can't say we're surprised but, with the help of modern design and technology, this once unpolished element can bring a one-of-a-kind charm into any space.
If you're still thinking twice about trying out this look. Here are just some of the benefits of concrete floors.
* Concrete floors are a sustainable option if you use a current concrete slab, avoiding the consumption of new materials.
* And they need not be relegated to basements or garages.
* Once the concrete is sanded down and polished or sealed, it looks perfectly refined in a traditional kitchen or living room,
especially when layered with Oriental rugs and pretty furnishings and fixtures.
Easy to clean
* As long as you have the right stain and finish, you don’t have to worry about having to deep clean it regularly.
* With concrete floors, you don’t have to deal with grout, tiny cracks (unless you add score lines or pattern!) and it doesn’t catch food like tiles or laminate flooring does.
* Nothing beats a concrete floor in terms of durability and polishing it to a beautiful luster and then sealing it makes the surface even stronger and more resilient.
* Other flooring types simply can’t match polished concrete in terms of lifespan, so if you’re looking for a flooring which will manage its looks and its performance over time, look no further than concrete floors.
* If you think concrete is boring, think again. Thanks to stains, stamps and colors, concrete flooring can be just about whatever you want it to be.
* Maybe you want to stamp leaf patterns into your entryway to lean into the nature vibe. Maybe you want to stain your floors with high glaze for extra sleekness. Or maybe you want to add a visually interesting accent. Gray concrete slabs are just the beginning.
* It is not overpriced to install, and is extremely durable while being resistant to most damages.
* The low maintenance requirements combined with the low cost to make it one of the most affordable flooring solutions available today.
* When you prefer to keep the floors a simple concrete, you are eliminating the cost of materials and labor that it would take to cover the floors in carpet, vinyl, or hardwood.
* They are not overpriced to clean, and have no running cost for maintenance.
Concrete flooring provides an endless opportunity for style and beauty to your household’s interior. With the right accessories and styling, even the most basic concrete flooring can look as stunning as high-end tiles.