Stamped Concrete Flooring is a method of printing or stamping of patterns or textures to resemble brick, slate flagstone, stone, tile, wood, etc. By taking up this method for flooring a less expensive alternatives for the above materials can be used.
A stamped concrete flooring are more widely used for sidewalks, swimming pool floors, driveways, patios and interior flooring. The stamped concrete flooring stands outside when compared to others due to its uniqueness and cost effectiveness. Apart from stamped concrete flooring just being known for its strength it also has a wonderful appearance and spreads elegance beauty on the floor.
The stamped concrete flooring which gained its application in the period 1950s in now running very successfully and with high demand in the construction and interiors field.
Stamping concrete flooring includes of three important procedures. They can be classified as:
1) Adding Base Colour - It is a powder pigment added to the concrete to reflect the natural building material. The base colour can be added by two methods one either by mixing the powder into the complete concrete or by just dying it on the surface of the concrete.
2) Adding Accent Colour - The accent colour is used to colour the concrete. It also helps in preventing the concrete stamps and concrete from sticking. It is a secondary colour used to produce texture and show additional building materials.
3) Stamping Patterns - The stamping patterns represent whatever building material is being put on the surface. The stamps are imprinted shortly after concrete stamp being poured on the surface. It looks like the ordinary building products like flagstone, brick, natural stone, etc. after the imprinting.
Different types of concrete stamps consists of:
* Ridgid or Semi-Ridgid Mats - leaves the best impression, not flexible doesn’t confirm to contours
* Flex Mats - Can be bent around slab edges and walls, no handles
* Texturing Skins - Flexible, depth of the detail is less pronounced
* Seamless Magnetic Pattern Stamps - Magnetic lock for quick and perfect alignment, productivity is improved
* Medallion Stamps - Semi-rigid, provide an extra level of customization
* Step forms and Liners - Easily impart patterns
* Texture Rollers - Continuous imprinting of texture along edges
* Radial Stamps - Contains multi-piece stamping kit to create circular patterns of different sizes